Saturday, June 13, 2009

Thomas the Tank Engine

On Wednesday, we took a little road trip up to Tweetsie Railroad near Boone, NC. There was a special visitor at Tweetsie this week and he's one of my favorite things in the whole world- Thomas the Tank Engine!!
Before we rode the train, Mommy and I had to do our time in jail.
Then, I went for a quick trot on a horse.
I don't think I can handle the excitement any longer, Daddy! I must go ride on Thomas now!
This is worth all the waiting...
Even Mommy is pretty excited about riding aboard Thomas' train
I also found a stagecoach to climb into
Here's Daddy's favorite part, meeting Sir Topham Hatt (he's the head of the railway, in case you didn't know)
My favorite past was playing with the trains since they had so many more tracks and engines than I have at home (one day... plus I added Emily to my collection after this trip!)
Daddy and I enjoyed a spin on the carousel
while, Mommy and I went for a wild ride in a hot rod
I wasn't very interested in feeding the goats, just looking at them from a safe distance
Plus, we went panning for gold (and all I got was a little black rock)
Overall, it was a GREAT trip and I hope we can go again next summer!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad you had fun Eleanor! You were in one of my favorite places, but I haven't visited Tweetsie before! Your mom came to visit me in Boone when I lived there one summer!

Ben, Janet, Anna, and Sam said...

I assume that during the Thomas ride, they do not reenact (sp?) an Indian raid on the train. That scared the ever-livin' poop out of me when I was 6. I hid under the seat and cried. I was horrified by either the horrible cultural insensitivity or the seven men with guns shooting at each other in my railcar. Either way, it was bad.

Ben