Thursday, August 5, 2010

Daddy's staycation- Discovery Place

Since we are expecting baby brother in about a month, we stayed close to home for our vacation. Daddy took a week off and we had some fun!! First stop, Discovery Place in Charlotte and of course, we took the train up there:
Check out what I made with recycled materials and a hot glue gun (with help from Mommy & Daddy, of course)
Mommy and I are trying to figure out this one- you turn the wheel and try to replace the pieces that continually fall off
Daddy and I loved this one where newspaper flew into the air and showered us!
Mommy made me a sea turtle out of foil!
Daddy helped me make this purse, also from recycled materials
Then, we built a fort
and hung out inside of it
They also had a 3D Theatre with a movie abut turtles and an oil spill- I actually wore my glasses the entire time!
I wish Mommy and me could have taken these home with us- don't we look good!?
One of my favorite areas is the aquarium- Daddy was teaching me all about the fishes inside
You could even touch a real starfish!
The best place was the hands-on kid area with this awesome water table
Daddy and I were "discussing" the best way to get the boat through the maze
I also built some trucks and trains to haul stuff (I could have stayed here all day)
But there was a cool, BIG fan to pretend to fly with my cape!
And to finish it off, music to be made on pots, pans & buckets! What a fun place! I can't wait to go back!

No comments: