Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Eating in Texas

One of my favorite things to do when back in the DFW area is to visit my favorite restaurants. I also tried out a few new ones this time. My belly can tell you that we ate out A LOT! I am still working hard to get back to where I was before eating in Texas :) This was my first time to Twisted Root, an awesome burger joint that has been featured on Diners, Drive-ins, & Dives. The burgers are definitely unique and delicious. Plus, the sides can't be beat. It was fun to also hear a different name called out when our order was ready- usually celebrity names, I think ours was the Disney princesses which made Eleanor happy.
Of course, a trip to Texas would not be complete without a visit to Freebirds (I think I made 3 visits in 3 weeks). Emerson must have been upset that his food was all gone, but Eleanor has a smiley face from her full tummy.
Emerson was thrilled to play "peek-a-boo" and eat at Gloria's with the Caughron family. If you can't tell, he really liked the black beans.
I think I caught Eleanor in her serious eating face. It was good food.
Another place for Emerson to enjoy black beans was On the Border- although we have them near us in Charlotte, it was perfect to hit happy hour there with my Mom after a shopping trip to Kohl's
Leanna and I did some cleaning of Mom's freezer, where we found something that you probably don't want to eat. I was impressed that she had saved these puff pastry shells for almost 12 years! Not sure they would "puff" well enough to enjoy now.

No comments: