Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Day of Two Firsts

It was my first snowy day AND my first presidential Inauguration! Because of the massive amount of snowfall (about 3 inches- do you sense my sarcasm?), Winthrop University closed for the day, so Daddy was able to stay home (woo-hoo!). Look at the snow out our window!
After a delicious breakfast of Inauguration day waffles (Mommy almost dyed them blue and red, but Daddy said no), we journeyed outside to the snow.
Cheese! Where did my boots go?
Our neighbor, Sherry, came over with Smoky the dog and took our first family picture in snow- Thanks Sherry!
I would have stayed out all day in it if Mommy and Daddy would let me! I told Daddy that I wanted to move somewhere that it snowed more often.
I kept asking to do a snow angel (after reading The Snowy Day), but I didn't want to lay down in the snow, so Mommy did it for me and got a nice wet back.
Last, but certainly not least, we welcomed a new President- Barack Obama! And I enjoyed watching some of the Inauguration with Mommy and Daddy although it was boring at times for me- Mommy picked me up once and said, "You can do whatever you want, Eleanor" and I replied, "Down, please." For now, I just wanted to play by myself. Tomorrow, I'll start my bid to be President of the United States.

4 comments:

Andre Pope said...

It looks like you all had a great time in the snow. Sorry we missed it. But one day we can all hang out together.

And along comes three... said...

I absolutely adore little Eleanor saying Barack Obama...that is soooo sweet!!!

Melissa said...

Eleanor...we are really jealous of your snow! Send us some!

Anonymous said...

omg that's SOOO cute. Joely can't get the Barack, but he can say the Obama! Wow, she is talking soooo well!!