Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year at the Zoo!

Welcome to 2009! I'm looking forward to many adventures that will be coming my way this year. Thanks to my Mommy and Daddy who will share them with you and to all my wonderful friends and family who read my blog. I hope you enjoy it!


Thanks to Uncle Andre, Aunt Heidi and Cousin Memphis, we have a zoo membership so we drove the hour or so to the Columbia Riverbanks Zoo last Tuesday. It was the last night of the Christmas lights and we didn't want to miss it!
The pink flamingos are loud and stinky, but I enjoyed looking at them:

I agree with Uncle Andre that the penguins are awesome! I could have stayed in there all day long.
I was excited to see the elephants, but they were ready to eat and hanging out by their door. I was "All done" with them after 2 minutes (Mommy thinks I wanted to go back to the penguins!)
Mommy and I took our photo with this tiger- luckily he's just a statue because I don't think a live one would have let us sit on him.
After dark, the lights come on and they are amazing!
I was in awe of their beauty and I just love my tongue!
After dark, you can still see the fishes and I was enthralled! Mommy and Daddy could have walked away and I was happy to watch the fishes. Do you think it's time to go visit Cousin Mikayla in Baltimore and go to the Aquarium, huh?
I found a butterfly who let me sit by it for a break.
Wish I could make a real one of these around here- maybe in February! Bye-bye, snowman, I had a great time at the zoo!

2 comments:

zaf_fam_tx said...

SO cute! I can't wait until the spring when we can take Noah to the zoo! He should be interested in everything!

Anonymous said...

Mikayla says, "Come on up and I'll show you all around the Aquarium in Baltimore!! Fish are fun!"