Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm 2 years old today!

It's official today (actually at 10:38 pm)- I am a toddler :) Today, at preschool, I got to be the princess for the day, but in my house, this occurs everyday!
Yesterday at the park, I celebrated with Mommy's online group of mom friends. We had cupcakes and lunch- I did a good job of blowing out my candle!
But, the week-long birthday celebration really started last weekend when ALL of my family came into town! Curious George was the main feature:
There was Curious George tattoos, (thanks, Aunt Leanna, for putting them on me and all my friends!)
A Curious George book was read aloud..
George loves bunnies, so we even had bunny peeps on hand. Yummy!
It's always fun to open presents- I'm really good at opening the envelopes now, but I don't do well with reading the cards inside, so Daddy helps with that.
My favorite gift so far is the Thomas the Train set (thanks GrandDaddy Pope & Grandma Teresa) and table. I have been playing with it non-stop since I got it!
Mommy's favorite gift was the potty (Thanks Aunt Jen, Uncle Robert & cousin Mikayla), especially since I've already peed in it 5 times in 2 days!!
Is this an excited face or what?!

This is just a very small amount of pictures from my fun weekend- Mommy will need to make 2 posts to share her favorites. We mainly wanted to thanks Grandpa and Grandma (Ma-Ga) Gette, Aunt Leanna, Aunt Jen and cousin Mikayla for taking airplanes to get here. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful, loving, amazing family. Also, thanks to GrandDaddy Pope and Grandma Teresa, Great-Grandma Azile, Mimsi, Auntie L, cousin Cody, Aunt Heidi, Uncle Andre & cousin Memphis for taking their cars on a road trip to get here. It wouldn't have been a party without everyone here! Thanks to the Bryson's also who only have to drive across town to get here, but we appreciate the effort :) More pics to come...

5 comments:

Martha Compton said...

Happy Birthday, Eleanor!

And along comes three... said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Eleanor....sound like you've had a wonderful week!!!!

zaf_fam_tx said...

How much FUN the party looked like! OK, props for the Georgie cupcakes! Those were GREAT!!! Also, where did the Georgie t-shirt come from?!?!

Jen & Mikayla said...

Happy birthday, Eleanor! We are so glad you are enjoying your potty! We had a great time at your party and such a fun weekend visit!
Love, Mikayla & Anut Jen

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Eleanor! I cannot believe you are two years old already! Keep up the good work on the potty and give Ainsley some tips!