Sunday, November 22, 2009

Mommy's big run

On November 14th, my Mommy did an amazing thing- she ran her first 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) and finished it in 2 hours & 8 minutes. Daddy and I are very proud of her. She trained for over 4 months! She initially got the idea to do it from her older sister, Jennifer, who is not a runner, but was going to run it with her.... until she got pregnant. We'll give her that one, but can't wait until she joins Mommy for the next one! Maybe in 2011 for Aunt Jen's big birthday :)

This is before the race started and Mommy needed some moral support
She also needed a jogging partner to warm up
My happy Mommy showing off her medal
I was happy to give her big hugs at the finish line!
I also got to hang out with Great-Grandma Azile and give her big hugs too!
Thanks to Mimsi (aka, Daddy's mom) for being there at the finish line to congratulate my Mommy. She really appreciated it. And to Grand Daddy Pope, who couldn't make the trip from Tennessee but called Mommy to wish her luck and tell her how proud he was of her. She couldn't have done it without all the support! (But, Daddy and I are still her biggest fans.)
It was great to see cousin Memphis' smiling face too!
Plus, cousin Cody is now 1 year old already! He makes Mimsi smile.
Stopping for a push-up is one of my favorite things to do, although it is quite messy.
Let's hit the road! I'm driving :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats Sarah! That is a huge accomplishment!

And along comes three... said...

You Rock Sarah!!!