Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mother's Day

For a change, I'm letting Mommy write on the blog in her words instead of mine. I'm taking this break to celebrate my wonderful Mommy on her special day.

In 2 years, my life has changed immensely and I cannot imagine it without Eleanor in it. She is the light of my life and makes each day a fun, new adventure. She has taught me how to be truly patient (which was a hard one for me), love with all my heart, and how to laugh at everything. I'm not always the best with my own words (unlike my wonderful husband) so here's a poem that describes how I feel about being a mother:

Before you were conceived I wanted you
Before you were born I loved you
Before you were here an hour I would die for you
This is the miracle of life.

-Maureen Hawkins

Mommy will always hold your hand, even if there is peanut butter on it..

Thanks for the beautiful flowers and I can't wait to plant a garden of them with you!

Thanks to your wonderful preschool teachers for the gift of a beautiful picture.

My two favorite people in the whole wide world- I love you Daddy & Eleanor!

I will never let you fall in unless I am there to catch you! I had a wonderful mother's day!


1 comment:

And along comes three... said...

Sound like a perfect day! And I love the poem...so very true...I totally remember feeling like I would die for Zoe in just the few moments after her birth...an amazing feeling! Happy Mother's Day!