Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Train ride to D.C.

The advantage of living in Baltimore is being only an hour train ride away from our nation's capitol. The whole family boarded the MARC train and off we went to Union Station. I had my own seat but it was more fun to share with Mikayla:
Mommy must have been telling me something very interesting
The elephant at the Smithsonian Natural History museum was a little scary..
..but these TVs with animals was much more entertaining to me
Sitting with my MaGa at lunch makes me genuinely happy
Mikayla feels the same with Aunt Jen
Mikayla and I found a cool tunnel
So many animals can make a girl, plus her Daddy, hungry & tired
Grandpa & MaGa took us girls on the carousel and we had a blast (on the non-moving parts)
I had the most fun at the National Air & Space museum, where we saw so many rockets, planes & space ships.
Mommy & I were about to go inside one of the space ships to see where the astronauts lived in space
The Wright Brothers' model planes were fascinating
I was ready to fly on it!
However, even an "ice-pop" could keep me awake after this busy day!

2 comments:

MaGa Gette said...

Great pictures of a great time! I especially like the 3 generation one with the Wright plane model. Seeing you girls enjoy the sights was even more fun then seeing the sights:)! Love you, MaGa

And along comes three... said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time Eleanor!