Sunday, April 4, 2010

BBQ Competition

For Uncle Andre's 30th birthday, he wanted to compete in a BBQ competition. Being a certified BBQ judge, he was ready and prepared to give it his all (and he did- it was delicious!) Memphis and I loved playing on the playground nearby and of course, eating BBQ. (For those family & friends not from the South, the BBQ here is Pork- Butts & Ribs in this case with typically a vinegar-based sauce & a yummy mustard one also from Uncle Andre!)

Happy Memphis on the slide
I could eat my cookie and slide at the same time
Grand Daddy loved showing off his granddaughters (and the super-cool logo of Uncle Andre's group, Proud Purveyors of Pork)
Who wouldn't want to get BBQ from these cuties?
Getting my first sample from cousin Robert
Being a good older cousin & helping Memphis eat some (or probably rationing it so I could keep it for myself!)
Another good look at the awesome logo
My neighbor, Campbell, came out to support us and showed off the team logo
The birthday boy, Uncle Andre, with his birthday brownies
I am showing off the logo well too!
Grand Daddy always makes me smile
Not bad for the first competition- #26 out of 32 teams
At Olive Garden to continue the birthday celebration, Memphis couldn't help but double-fist their yummy breadsticks.
And I was happy to enjoy my special treat, Sprite, to drink

1 comment:

Martha Compton said...

That mustard sauce was yummy! Glad we got to come out and see you!